Friday, 19 April 2013

A Tale Of Two Cities


This week's blog comes from my colleague, and fellow Arc to Arch cyclist, Robin Watt. I hope you’ll tune into our blog updates throughout our preparation and the Arc to Arch event itself. You can support our endeavours, and these great charities, at www.virginmoneygiving.com/DWF or contact Hilary Garrett (hilary.garrett@dwf.co.uk / 0161 603 5000) to hear more about our corporate sponsorship packages.


When I was first asked if I could participate in the "M&S Arc to Arch" I was absolutely delighted. As a new father, I was privately relishing the prospect of me and my bike and the open road. As a keen cyclist, what could be better? Cycling up the Champs-Elysees in a peleton with crowds roaring us on (maybe not the crowds bit) and all in the name of charity.




After the initial excitement of the invitation, I have to acknowledge that it has not been as easy as I had anticipated to get my training regime in gear. The first challenge has been to find my bike which went into retirement after my Lands End to John O' Groats cycle! The amalgamation of many sleepless nights, nappy changes, and a house move has meant that training has had to take a back seat.

I had been rooting around trying to find my ergo trainer when my wife casually dropped in that she had sold it on ebay 2 years ago so the majority of my training so far has taken place at the gym.



My training app tells me that there is now only 8 weeks until the big event and now that the nights are stretching I am looking forward to increasing the outdoor miles. The prospect of the cycle is daunting but I feel privileged to be taking part, am excited about the challenge and hope that you will support us and the great charities M&S are supporting......

No comments:

Post a Comment

NYC Marathon, 2004

NYC Marathon, 2004
NYC Marathon, 2004